Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week Eight Journal Two

When I finally woke up, I was in my bed in my house. I turned over and looked at the clock on my nightstand, that familiar red glow, it was only nine in the morning. I remembered going out for a cigarette, but did I really get jumped in my own backyard? Sometimes when I drink I manufacture memories in my head, but I didn’t even drink last night.

Jumping out of bed, I instinctively grabbed for my cigarettes, but they weren’t there. I realized that I was still in my clothes, a little weird considering I had been wearing a suit the day before. I found my cigarettes in my slacks, and headed towards the door, noting a hole that appeared to have been kicked into the wall in the hallway. I don’t know why I would kick a hole in my own wall, but decided that I could deal with it later. I grabbed my shoes, noticing the caked on mud, when I realized my pants, my nice slacks, had been ripped from the knee down on my right leg. Great, I thought, another seventy dollars down the drain.

What the hell happened last night? I could not shake that question out of my skull. I was almost completely out the door, my cigarette half lit, when I noticed a piece of paper on the kitchen table. I stepped over to the table, completely ignoring the half lit cigarette spewing smoke into my house, and grabbed the piece of paper:

Hope you slept well asshole.

Learn to keep your mouth shut.

We still want our money.

Be back soon,

The Large One.

I stepped outside to finish my cigarette, still clutching the note in my hand. I had never heard of anyone that referred to themselves as “The Large One,” nor do I know why I was assaulted last night, and I definitely have no idea why I owe someone money, but since they say they’ll be back soon, I guess it will all be figured out soon. I just have to arm myself and wait.

No comments: